In this 16-hour workshop, you will learn to:
- Understand where crises arise, how they evolve, and how effective leaders control them
- Determine a leader’s role during a crisis
- Master techniques for leading through a crisis by successfully solving problems and effectively communicating in high-pressure and ambiguous situation
- Develop tools and frameworks to help you prepare for unidentified threats, better equipping you and your organization for uncertain times.
Crisis Leadership can be taken as a stand-alone short course for targeted learning. When used as an elective in the FlexCert certificate for Leadership Essentials, you can tailor the program to resonate with your career aspirations and goals.
- The anatomy of a crisis (disruption response theory)
- Addressing your cognitive biases
- Developing recovery plans (in advance)
- Gathering data for root cause analysis
- Communicating effectively in turbulent times
- Restoring trust with key stakeholders
As part of the course, you will prepare your own crisis response plan to help your team and organization cope in times of uncertainty to bounce back stronger.
This course is designed for business executives, managers or team leaders facing disruption and uncertainty, operating in a high-risk environment, or in a highly reactive industry, and need to navigate online and offline crisis management. As a team leader or business owner, if you want to better respond to difficult times with agility, strategy, and methods to manage change, this course is for you!