You will learn through a combination of action learning and hands-on model making using real-world cases—the skillset to hit the ground running in deployments. This program elevates your and your team’s capacity to create models that are both flexible and robust, boosting your organization's ability to deliver value as expected.
Students will learn how to:
- Explore MBSE in the context of model-based engineering and complex systems
- Scope and execute full lifecycle MBSE tasks
- Model structures interactions and behaviors based on requirements and constraints
- Generate appropriate systems models and effectively manage them
- Investigate internal and external interactions
- Assess trades and implications
- Evaluate, critique, and improve SysML structures and models
- Craft key representations, diagrams, and use-cases
- Build confidence in applying MBSE fundamentals to make meaningful contributions to your projects
- Plan appropriate approaches for implementation and accelerated adoption
Each participant will receive a copy of the textbook A Practical Guide to SysML: The Systems Modeling Language (Third Edition).
This program covers everything from gathering customer needs to integrated design and delivery. Get practical experience with interactive SysML models using Cameo Systems Modeler or similar Dassault tools.
- MBSE - Why we do it
- Introduction to the MagicDraw/Cameo interface
- How do we keep our workspace organized? - Package Diagrams
- How do our users interact with our system? - Use Case Diagrams
- What tasks does our system perform? - Activity Diagrams
- What does our system need to do and how well does it need to do it? - Requirements Diagrams
- What are the fundamental items in our system? - Block Definition Diagrams
- What is our system doing? - State Machine Diagrams
- How do our system’s pieces interact? - Sequence Diagrams
- How are all the pieces connected? - Internal Block Diagrams
- What happens inside the blocks? - Parametric Diagrams
This course addresses the needs of systems engineering professionals in aerospace, defense, electronics, mobility, and advanced medical devices. Senior and early-career engineers, analysts, designers, and developers will examine a structured approach to requirements analysis and systems design and will learn how to improve their planning, execution, and communications skills.
Project managers and support teams will explore how MBSE disciplines can enhance enterprise and mission effectiveness and will gain an understanding of how to manage scope, digital and traditional work products, risk, and teams of diverse talents.
There are two options for taking a course remotely.
The Live-Online courses are scheduled to begin at 7 am Pacific / 10 am Eastern to accommodate learners across the US. Significant flexibility is given for breaks and working from home conditions. The classes are delivered remotely via scheduled Zoom sessions. If you miss a session, you may watch the recording at a time that fits your schedule. During the week before each session, you will receive an online meeting invitation.
Online On-demand video courses are pre-recorded lectures you can watch on your own schedule. You may interact with your instructor(s) through the Moodle Learning Management System. During the week before each session, you will receive an online meeting invitation.